What may an employee do if the employer/insurer does not pay benefits? (Worker's Comp, Workmens Comp)

Posted by Tony Brock | Dec 22, 2021 | 0 Comments

The employee may contact the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court by calling either 800-599-5155 or 402-471-6468. A public information specialist will discuss the situation with the employee and refer him or her for further assistance when it is appropriate. The staff of the court may not provide legal advice or offer a legal opinion.

Any person involved in a workers' compensation claim may request informal dispute resolution to help settle an issue or an entire case without the need for a formal hearing. Neutral mediators can help people resolve their disputes and reach agreements. To request informal dispute resolution, write to the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court Mediation Coordinator, P.O. Box 98908, Lincoln NE 68509-8908.

The employee may file a petition (lawsuit) with the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court. Petition forms may be obtained from the Clerk of the Court. The employee may represent himself or herself, or may be represented by an attorney.

To learn more check out Nebraska Worker's Comp.

About the Author

Tony Brock



There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment


Aenean lacinia bibendum nulla sed consectetur. Donec sed odio dui. Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna. Nulla vitae elit libero, a pharetra augue. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas.

Workers' Compensation For Injured Truckers

Download now

Review Us