You must cooperate and take an active role in any vocational evaluation and, if needed, the development of a vocational rehabilitation plan to assist you in returning to suitable employment. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Cooperating with reasonable evaluation and rehabilitation efforts directed toward assisting your return to suitable employment;
- Accepting a valid offer of suitable employment from your previous employer, or a new employer;
- Informing your counselor and employer/insurer of any problems which may interfere with your participation in vocational rehabilitation evaluations or services;
- Keeping your counselor, employer/insurer and the court's rehabilitation specialist advised of any change in address or telephone number;
- Providing the court with any requested information;
- Notifying one of the court's rehabilitation specialists if you discontinue your approved rehabilitation plan.
Should you fail to meet your responsibilities during vocational rehabilitation, your vocational rehabilitation services may be terminated.
To learn more check out Nebraska Worker's Comp.