|FMCSA Extends and Expands Emergency Declaration
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced that the Emergency Declaration related to COVID-19 is extended until February 28, 2021. In addition to the requirements and applicability outlined previously, the declaration has been expanded to include the following items:
- Livestock and livestock feed;
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosing, and treatment of COVID-19;
- Vaccines, constituent products, and medical supplies and equipment, including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines, related to the prevention of COVID-19;
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap, and disinfectants; and
- Food, paper products, and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores.