Spring weather can be unpredictable. When severe weather hits unexpectedly, the risk of injury and death increases, so planning makes sense. Prepare for storms, floods, and tornadoes as if you know in advance they are coming, because in the spring, they very likely will.
- A battery-operated flashlight, a battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio, and extra batteries for both
- An emergency evacuation or shelter plan, including a map of your home and, for every type of severe weather emergency, routes to safety from each room
- A list of important personal information, including:
- A 3-5 day supply of bottled water and nonperishable food
- Personal hygiene items
- Blankets or sleeping bags